Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Choices

A friend of mine gave me a "Self Therapy" pad for Christmas.  It was hysterical but only because it struck some familiar chords.  The first thing you are supposed to list is "Psychodrama of the Day".  I think about that a lot.  We have those moments daily when we can choose to react in any manner we choose.  The point being, we get to choose.

I have to remind myself that I cannot control someone else's emotions or reactions.  The only person I can control is me.  It's pretty empowering to know that I have that choice.  Sometime I get sucked up into the vortex of calamity.  I have to remind myself (often times others remind me) that I have that choice.  I get to choose how I react.

This is not to say that there are real situations that need reaction.  However, in all of those I still have a choice about my reactions.  How I react to the child who rolls their eyes at me, the teacher who is complaining, the office person who is not doing things my way.  In everything, I have that choice.  Today I choose love and kind.  I choose to see through those lenses.  Hopefully that will make for a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moved

It actually happened.  The move to the "big school" is complete!  Unfortunately, I was not able to be here for the first couple of...