Monday, December 11, 2017

Beautiful

I find that this time of year brings out the best/worst in all of us.  I had a wonderful random act of kindness happen to me this weekend.  Where I work, I feel like a rock star! My kids think I'm great and they are so excited to see me whenever I go into a class or walk down the hall at "the big school".  I get smiles and hugs from children I may or may not remember from year to year.  They change so much from when they are three.  That being said, this weekend I was in our local Walmart, just browsing and using up time before I had to go to a meeting.  All of a sudden I heard "Ma'am, Ma'am."  I thought it might be a student or former student's parent.  When I turned around there was a charming little girl looking at my glittery red sweater.  Her mom said ,"Go ahead, tell her."  This was not one of my students, but she looked up at me and said "You're beautiful!"  I was so touched.  I thanked her and asked if I could give her a hug.  We hugged and I told her (and mom and dad) how much I appreciated her compliment and that she had made my week!

I don't know about you, but it's not often that someone stops me and tells me I'm beautiful.  I had such a warm, fuzzy feeling when I left the store for my meeting.  That feeling has remained and I continue to say thank you for that small child and her parents.  What a great way to feel when everything else around me is chaotic and hectic.  Just a kind word can make all the difference.  I hope that you find a way to feel "beautiful" this season.  Enjoy the warmth and the joy all around you.  Take some time to shut out the noise and relax, at least for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moved

It actually happened.  The move to the "big school" is complete!  Unfortunately, I was not able to be here for the first couple of...