Wednesday, December 6, 2017

21 Days? Oh my...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  Actually, it has looked a lot like Christmas in some places since September.  Now, however, it looks like that almost everywhere.  With that look comes the anticipation.  When my kids were little I thought it was great because I could use it as a "bargaining chip" of sorts.  "Better be good, Santa is watching."  Nowadays, not so much.

Here at Head Start my babies are excited about Christmas, but they are also passing around a large number of diseases.  Anything from colds to stomach viruses are spreading at an alarming rate. Considering the weather, it's not a big surprise. I haven't had a voice since Friday.  It is always challenging to read a story with little to no voice.  I find that the normal "voices" I am able to do, don't quite come out the way I want them to.  A gobble ends up like a squawk.  Oh well, I think they get the idea, it just makes it a little more challenging for me.

I find that even when I don't feel well, I still have to be on top of things.  This kiddos are ready for their story, ready for their routines, and most of all, ready for me to be my animated self.  So no matter what, "the show must go on," (unless of course, there is a fever involved)! We try to keep things as normal as possible during this time of year.  Actually, we try to keep things as normal as possible all year.  It is so beneficial for the children to have a routine and structure.  I call it "flexible" structure.

So I think I'm the one who is concerned about only 21 more days until Christmas and as long as I stay in my routines, just like the students, we will all do just fine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moved

It actually happened.  The move to the "big school" is complete!  Unfortunately, I was not able to be here for the first couple of...